Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Dare

Today is 2 years since the graffiti community lost one of it's true kings and style masters, Sigi von Koeding, aka Dare. It's hard to write about a person that you didn't had the chance to meet personally, but has always been there as a true inspiration. Dare was one of the first graffiti writers whose works I saw back in 1999 when I started to paint. Back then I rarely had access to computers and Internet, and I still clearly remember his works from that time that I stumbled across the www. Instead of words, I would like to share some of his pieces that were painted before 1999 and were a huge inspiration at the beginning of my "career":








Rest In Peace Sigi von Koeding!


It is with great sorrow we announce the passing of the suisse graffiti legend Sigi von Koeding aka Dare. We’ve been told that Dare died at the hospital in Basel (Switzerland) the evening of 06th march 2010.



Sigi von Koeding lost his life in cancer battle.



He will be fondly remembered and missed by his family, friends and many fans around the world.



Rest in Peace

Sigi von Koeding

1968 - 2010



http://www.ilovegraffiti.de



Videofootage. Graffiti Instincts http://www.graffitinstincts.com/

No comments: