Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cut&Spray



I've got hooked up on stencils somewhere around 2004-05 for a very simple reason: no one did it before in my hometown :) It took me very little time to find out the know-how of this technique, and it started to be boring very soon. Don't get me wrong, it was interesting to draw sketches, plan the layers and placement (in most cases I don't use computer and software to do this part of the job, I think it's kind of cheating) and I somehow managed to deal with the cutting phase (I'm a hyperactive, restless kid, imagine me sitting for hours and performing some fine, steady moves with an x-acto knife or box cutter) but it wasn't really motivating and interesting to run around the town with used stencils - it's unpractical, dirty and to paint a multi-layer stencil it takes as much time as you need to paint a correct piece. I don't really care if it's more acceptable by public, I do stuff for my own entertainment, and dealing with this bulls**t is anything but funny. Also, I felt sorry for the paint, I would rather used the cans for writing. O:) However, from time to time I enjoy recalling the good old times and pulling out some new stuff, or like this time, I've got a commission to do a gig poster, so while I was already in stencil mode, I did a couple of canvasses and prepared some stuff for outdoors... Stay tuned for results ;)

No comments: