Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vranje 2010



poster

I was commissioned by the local Youth office to paint a wall in Vranje during they 3 day visit, as a gift from city of Kikinda.
Vranje 2010

The idea was to include characteristic motives from our city, so I went for the famous "Lala na ludaji" character that is some kind of an unofficial mascot of the city, but with the different version that I recently designed for my T-shirts:


Vranje 2010

The first day I painted during a performance and street action, and although I didn't like such kind of exposure, I really enjoyed the process. Unfortunately the event was scheduled at late afternoon, so I didn't had the chance to finish the wall that day, and this is where "complications" started >:) Let's not get into details too much, the fact that I didn't slept all night and continued painting right after sunrise the next day tells everything.... This morning exercise was followed by a photo safari in a rush around the center of Vranje and a long journey with a short stop in Belgrade.

Vranje
a random street in Vranje

Hvala
probably my best photo of Belgrade, shot from a bus in motion :) These are the ruins of former military HQ destroyed in NATO's bombing in 1999. Note the sign/ad on the light post with the short message "Hvala!" (thank you) placed by a local bank...

Peace for my new friends and thanks for the warm welcome, I hope to see You all soon!





.

No comments: